Jump to Templates from Code review

Related products: Software Factory

Sometimes you are reviewing a template however its a dynamic template so you would want to see how is it assigned is it done correctly for all control procedures its assigned to. Or you would want to view the code from a certain assigned perspective. 

So i would love to have the same buttons from code overview on code review to jump to functionality template.

Hi @Maarten,

In the 2023.3 platform release, we added a task to the Code review screen which opens the object in the tab Control procedure of the Functionality screen.

The reason that we specifically chose for a task that jumps to the control procedure, is that the code review screen is also focused on reviewing a control procedure as a whole.

For more information, please see https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/blog/2023_3#quality---go-from-code-review-to-control-procedure

Does having this task suffice for you?

NewNeeds feedback

Hi @Jeroen van den Belt , But wouldn't it then make more sense? Since you are already reviewing the control procedure as a whole but use the tasks to zoom in on a specefic part of a template? Because when a certain control proc is devided in multple templates to make use of dynamic assignig etc. You want to be able to zoom in on maybe one template that has been added or edited. 

Thanks for your clarification. I’ll leave it up to the Community if that would make more sense 😀 In that case, I will change the status of the idea to Open.

Needs feedbackOpen