Hide pre-filters using new logic concept

Related products: Software Factory Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

I have a fixed set of pre-filters, but not all pre-filters are functional based on what is in the table. 

I would like to hide the pre-filters that don't make a difference based on the content of the table, like tasks and references. 

Hi Freddy,

Do you have an example where an implementation of this idea would suffice? 

NewNeeds feedback

Hi Freddy,

Do you have an example where an implementation of this idea would suffice? 

Yes, I have a setup where a status can be set based on a domain, a task type and flow state. 

So when I have a process it has future tasks, which kan only exists in a status NEW. As something goes to an active state the flow_state goes to current..  after that you can go to various other such as WAIT in a standaard flow_state or one of flow_escalate 

In this case when I reason from by base states and I drill down to the optional detail states..  I sometimes only want filters for future/current flow_state details (because finished/escalated flow states don't exists)

To visualise:

• on the left are my base status
  • They exists for 4 domains
  • In the process domain they have different meanings for future flow-elements, current elements, done elements and escalated elements. (see the pre-filters in screenshot)
  • future /current don't apply to status that indicate a done state..   So with the first I only want to see pre-filters for future/current..    in on of the latter base status I only want to see the pre-filters for done/escalation..  

And I am not willing to make variants for each and every possible scenario up-front. 

Hi Freddy,

The context procedure is row-based logic and can not/should not be used for what you would like. What may solve this is introduce a new logic concept that is activated when a screen is activated, or something similar. That way prefilters could be toggled in a way that suited you.

Therefore I would like to alter the title a bit, to "Hide pre-filters using new logic concept”

Good idea? 😄

Hi Freddy,

The context procedure is row-based logic and can not/should not be used for what you would like. What may solve this is introduce a new logic concept that is activated when a screen is activated, or something similar. That way prefilters could be toggled in a way that suited you.

Therefore I would like to alter the title a bit, to "Hide pre-filters using new logic concept”

Good idea? 😄

That's ok. 

Needs feedbackOpen

Related topic - not for prefilters but for columns: