Possibility to add estimation to work items

Related products: Software Factory

Like us, most companies will use estimations when working on work items. For instance, when refining during a Scrum meeting. Estimations are an integral part of Scrum and form the basis for keeping control of the project. Currently it is not possible to effectively add estimations to work items. We mostly work with hours as estimation based on the Fibonacci sequence, but other systems are used in other companies (t-shirt sizes etc.).

Hi Marcel,

That's a great suggestion as the next step in the requirements and design feature!

In fact, we've even implemented this feature in the next platform release!

For now I must ask you to be patient and enjoy this sneak peak:

In the next release it will be possible to add effort (estimated, remaining and completed) to work.

Estimated effort (hours) within work items

It will also be possible to add story points to requirements and sum the total remaining hours of linked work. T-shirt sizes are used for this example, but these values will be editable.

Story points within requirements

The total remaining hours and total story points will also be visible within the linked iteration.

I hope the sneak peak gave you a clear idea of what's coming up and that the functionality is as expected.

By implementing this step, we've added more awesome new ideas to our roadmap!

I suggest you start improving your poker face :wink::sunglasses:

With kind regards,

Serhat Sahin

Updated idea status Next releaseCompleted