Generate code groups after upgrade

Related products: Software Factory

Wouldn't it be great if after upgrading my database (and creating a new version accordingly), my code groups get regenerated automatically? I just keep running into my code groups having disappeared when upgrading and still haven't gotten used to it.
Hey Pim,

We are working on another issue that automatically creates a new version (if you want to) after upgrading the database.

To explain your problem. When we copy a project version, we do not copy the generated objects. That's why you have to fully generate afterwards.

I think it's a good idea to look at that and maybe change it. You have my vote.

Greetings, Ester
This also applies when changing or adding a table/task/report/subroutine. Wouldn't it be possible to 'know' what objects need to be generated?

When you want to assign a template to the changed objects, only the changed objects will (re-) generate (not the entire code-group)?

Preferably this should be done while navigating to that screen, not while doing the update as it might slow things down. There is, in my opinion, no reason to present the user with a screen of out-of-date program objects.
Updated idea statusOn the backlogCompleted

Hi Pim (and voters),

This idea has been implemented in the 2022.2 version. Whenever a new project version is made, for example after Upgrading, the Software Factory will automatically Generate definitions; therefore executing all Code groups.