Extend SF Code search with multi line search

Related products: Software Factory

I often look for strings in code that spans multiple lines.

I think it would be cool if the SF Code search can search for the input string that span multiple lines. With that functionality i can find specific patterns that must be changed.

What do you think should happen when the text you are looking for is present, but contains extra spaces, tabpages etc (in front of, in between of, or after the code). A simple example:

search string

select *

from tab

code

select *

from tab

Should this code be in the result (so all spaces, tabs etc. should be ignored) or not?

When searching the extra white space characters (spaces, tabs, new lines, etc) should be ignored.

I have never had the need to search for exact white space occurrences. But if others do want to search for exact white space maby add an option where we can toggle the ignore white space on and off.

Would it help if we would enable wildcards in the search string?

Then you would be able to search for select%from%tab, for example.

Updated idea status OpenNeeds feedback

Hello @efitskie,

We would still like to receive your input on the question Jasper asked a few months ago. Thanks in advance!​​​​​​

Unfortunately, we have not received a response to our request for feedback. We therefore assume that the idea has already resolved itself or is no longer relevant.

Updated idea status Needs feedbackClosed