Allow multiple variants of tasks to be linked with a table

Related products: Software Factory

At this moment, only one instance of a task can be linked to a table.
You have my vote! I ran into this a few days ago as well.
Later this year we intend to upgrade table, task and report variants to first-class citizens so that they can also, for example, be used for access control by Indicium. Once that has happened, this idea will probably quite easy to implement.

In the mean time, you can always just create a copy of your task.
In the mean time, you can always just create a copy of your task.

That's what I ended up doing, but that's not the most elegant solution.
Once this is implemented, can we than get one task for "follow trunk" and one task for "follow branch" in the merging screen of the SF?

In case of large sets of conflicts, it happens that I need to wait for the popup to display in the first place, select either branch or trunk, click OK and then wait for the actual execution of the task.

If there were two distinct tasks from the outset, I could select all the actions that follow 'branch', click the task and do something else without interruption halfway.
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.
Updated idea status On the backlogPlanned
Updated idea status PlannedOn the backlog

very looking forward to this request!

Isn’t it as simple as just additionally adding column “task_variant_id” to PK of table “tab_task” ?
(as this is the error I get when trying to add a variant of a task to the same table)

Thanks

very looking forward to this request!

Isn’t it as simple as just additionally adding column “task_variant_id” to PK of table “tab_task” ?
(as this is the error I get when trying to add a variant of a task to the same table)

Thanks

On first glance, it looks that way but we have investigate this earlier and decided to not pursue the implementation yet.

Currently the Key of Tab_task is tab_id and task_id. All GUI's, context logic inside the GUI's and Indicium, Drag-drop, scheduler and other components are not made to handle this at the moment.

It would be quite the idea to implement due to the complexity.