Ability to use .gif background in the Application menu

Related products: Universal GUI

Currently we can only use pictures to use as background. But I think it would greatly profit the Wow-factor of applications if we would be able to use GIF backgrounds for applications.

I'm imagining along the lines of a mostly static picture but with moving elements like a flag or even trucks or something like that. The possibilities are endless.

Edit, it is indeed possible in the Universal GUI like Jasper stated. Upload the animated background in Themes:

Currently we can only use pictures to use as background. But I think it would greatly profit the Wow-factor of applications if we would be able to use GIF backgrounds for applications.

I'm imagining along the lines of a mostly static picture but with moving elements like a flag or even trucks or something like that. The possibilities are endless.

On our internal blog page there is a mock-up for a background slideshow already. (https://community.thinkwisesoftware.com/blogs-inhouse-34/product-innovation-wildcard-day-april-353) but the possibility to add a .gif would be amazing! I think video should be a possibility too, this is often used on modern websites, so with a good compression it shouldn't have a lot of performance impact.
Great idea! I would only like to see this implemented with a newer format such as webp. Gif is ancient and has only a limited set of colors per file. Webp also supports animations but is much more powerful.
Great idea! I would only like to see this implemented with a newer format such as webp. Gif is ancient and has only a limited set of colors per file. Webp also supports animations but is much more powerful.

I agree, Webp is better to have. MP4 would be cool too but not sure if it is good for the performance, but certainly something for our Product Innovation department to find out 😄
The Windows and Web userinterfaces always resize images, stripping any animations from GIFs.

The Universal GUI however does support animated GIFs and WebP images for all pictures and icons out of the box, so I will close this idea.