Solved

Where to configure available printers for my project?

• 6 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I am on SF 2017.1 and would like to add a printer to my project to be able to select a specific network printer for a report (see attached screenshot).
I chose this approach to be able to influence the printer settings for a report (e.g. orientation, collate etc.).
Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Jasper 17 September 2019, 10:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
No worries, good to hear that you found a solution.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi Casper,

I'll remember this for the next time I need it.
I am now using an external function for the print job. One of the parameters is the printer location. See attachment.

In the heat of the moment one cannot wait days for answers to some basic questions. I searched the documentation first and couldn't find anything about the printers and then before my initial post I contacted your support by phone and they asked me to create a post. And when I did, I got told to click on the magnifying glass...

Anyway, I am glad to have this information now. Thanks for your answer!

Regards,
Dennis.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Dennis,

Just add the name or path of the printer to the list, like this:

To get a list of available printers you can, for example, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt:

code:
C:\Users\me>wmic printer get name
Name
OneNote
Send To OneNote 2016
Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Microsoft Print to PDF
Fax
\\printerserver.thinkwisesoftware.com\FollowMePrinter
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Duh... I know this obviously!
When I do this, I get a list of printers that are probably somehow/sometime added by my predecessor(s).

My question is how to add a network printer to this list. I cannot find anything about this in your documentation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Dennis,

Just click on the magnifying glass to open the lookup popup. Here you can add new printers.