Solved

Table task show and process flow

• 18 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

I have a table task that is part of an process flow. This task must be hidden because only the process flow must be able to execute this task. When i uncheck the ‘Show task’ setting for the table task the process flow stops working.

Is there a good reason why this behaves like this?

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 18 August 2020, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is there a particular reason to attach the task to the table? In the process flow you can use the Process action ‘Execute task’ instead of 'Execute table task’. The difference being that the task doesn't have to be executed from a certain table.

Does this help?

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Badge +9

This task does not have any parameters and we could remove the task from the table. We assign the task to the table because then we can find where the task is used.

I do not get the complete picture about the (table) task, process flow and subroutines. When to use what.

Also why can i select the table task in the process flow when this is not working anyway if i set the task to not showing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Having a table task will allow the task to be visualized at the table and take information of the selected row to the task. Since this is not desired, using the ‘Execute task’ process action like Mark described would be sufficient. You can then remove the table task altogether.

‘Show task’ is used to differentiate between the table tasks that are shown for various variants of the table. The reason you can still select the table task even though ‘Show task’ is disabled is that it can still be enabled for a variant of this table.