Solved

How to select items in a tree with a checkbox?

• 9 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
In the Software Factory it is possible to select items in a tree view (see below).
As far as I know, you can define a display column and an image, but not a column for selection. If I use a column 'selected' as in the example below, it will not be shown.

Is this a custom screen? How can we achieve this?

It should work the same. If I select the 'parent', all 'childs' should be selected.

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 12 July 2019, 12:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
This is, for sure, a custom screen. Though I don't know if you can achieve this in your own product.
@Anne Buit ,@Jasper Should be able to answer this rather easily.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
This is indeed a custom screen. The checkboxes here are not used for selection but they work more like an editable tree - activating a checkbox updates the underlying entity. Logic determines that the children are also activated. The selection is, like all trees, visualized with a blue background - you'll be able to select several nodes in this view, both checked and unchecked.

A column for selection would be a nice addition to both the tree and the grid. Feel free to create an idea in the ideas topic.

We'll have to determine some behavioral aspects of this selection column when selection of the parent includes the children as well:
  • Can you select a parent without selecting children?
  • Will the parent automatically be selected when all children are selected?
  • What if some children are selected, will the parent show semi-selected (filled checkbox). And if so, will it be included when a task is executed on the selection.
We can try to formulate some answers to these questions in the ideas section.