Solved

What is the limit to create the number of users in IAM?

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

For my project, we need to use SF as a form, to be filled by candidates who get selected in the recruitment process. The initial data for each candidate comes from a third party (ZOHO recruit) database. As per the requirement an email will be sent to the candidate with a link (universal url), after clicking on this link the form should open. 
As per my discussion previously with the Thinkwise solution experts, credentials are necessary in order to logging into SF. The workaround for that we are using is creating users for each candidate using their email-id as the user-id. 
My concern is that, for example : there are 20 candidates per day filling the form, then in a month there will be around : 600 and in a year : approx. 7200. Will this cause any issues in the system performance in the long run? Is there any other solution for this issue?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 13 April 2022, 11:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There's no maximum amount of users you can create in IAM. The fields usr_id and email both have to be unique over all users.

You can design it in a way that the candidate users will be added to a different tenant and by default filter this tenant out of your initial selection when opening the User screen. In the long run, I believe you are legally required to remove candidate users when a certain period of time is exceeded, for example 1 year but that may depend on country laws and/or Terms of service. The IAM does not have an automatic retention mechanism for this, but you can achieve this by using Application connectors running queries on the IAM application.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks a lot Mark!

The IAM does not have an automatic retention mechanism for this, but you can achieve this by using Application connectors running queries on the IAM application.”  Can you let me know how can I implement the later part?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks a lot Mark!

The IAM does not have an automatic retention mechanism for this, but you can achieve this by using Application connectors running queries on the IAM application.”  Can you let me know how can I implement the later part?

In System flows you can make use of the Application connector. This process actions can run a query on any application inside IAM. Also the IAM application is stored inside IAM (product). So, this way we can run queries on the IAM database such as "Insert into usr_general...” to create new users. However, this does not run any Default procedure, so maybe using the Indicium API is more suitable for creating new users in IAM.

For deleting old users you may use either the Indicium API or an Application connector and using the task_delete_usr_general Task. Letting a System flow run every night to clean up some old users is something can can be achieved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks a lot Mark!