Solved

What happened with the Full Model screen?

• 23 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

The Full Model screen seems to be no longer available since release 2023.1.

Is there any reason for this?

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 23 January 2023, 15:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Harm,

It is still there, but is called "Model content” now!

This is also mentioned it the Releases notes under the topic:
https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/blog/2023_1#project-and-project-version-now-model-and-branch

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Erik, thanks, sorry I missed that

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Harm,

Good to hear that Dick helped you out.

As a matter of fact, I wanted to do a short survey regarding the usage of the Model content screen somewhere in the near future. Since we're already on the topic here anyway, I'd like to ask you now.

The reason I want to collect information on this, is because we encourage using the process screens like Data model or Subjects, as they are optimized for the associated processes. This is not the case in the Model content screen, which is basically a collection of many fields and tabs.

My question to you is: if we were to remove the Model content screen in the future, would this hinder you in your daily work? What would you miss? Think of certain functionality, or screens/tabs/fields. If we know this, hopefully we can improve our process screens, making the Model content screen entirely redundant.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Jeroens question…

Yes, it would be really annoying. Primary reason is that model content/full model is the best way to figure out the data model driving the Software Factory.

Furthermore it helps when you made a mistake. For example you’ve added a column in the wrong table, closed the data modeler and need to find the column you’ve just added. You can just open the columns tab, sort by date added and hit delete. 

To conclude, there are weeks in a row I don’t access model content but in some cases it is useful. I can imagine if it makes it harder to support the processes from this screen (using process flows for example in the regular screens) you could make model content read-only.