Solved

What are the rules for conditional layouts in a cube view?

• 22 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The documentation is not very clear about conditional layouts in a cube view. 

I added a special column ‘conditional_layout_ind’ in a view for conditional formatting. The values of this column can be 1, 2 or 3. For the cube field of this column, I specified summary type ‘Minimum’. Now I want to have a conditional layout on the cube field ‘quantity’ based on the (minimum) value of cube field ‘conditional_layout_ind’ (e.g. Equal to 1).

This does not always work well and I don't know why. But if I drag the cube field ‘conditonal_layout_ind’ into the values area, I get more cells colored.

The problem is, I don't want to have the ‘conditional_layout_ind’ in the cube view.

How can I achieve conditonal formatting for this cube view?   

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 30 December 2020, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello Andre,

I've tested this and had the same problem, the conditional layout has unexpected behavior if the conditional column is not in the cube itself. I noticed you also reported this as a bug: issue number 75474. Since this bug is on the backlog for now I would advise you to either add the conditional_layout_ind into the cube or use a format rule based on a field in the cube. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Erwin, 

I forgot I reported this as an issue in March, but indeed it's the same problem. Thanks!