Solved

Variables in prefilter

• 31 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

i am trying to make a process-flow that contains a variable to use in a prefilter. I can't find anything in the docs or on the community about this.

Is this possible to do? And if not, what is an other option i can try?

icon

Best answer by Freddy 31 May 2023, 15:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Dylan,

Unfortunately this is not possible. A prefilter is not designed to be modified or influenced by a parameter value. It is a predefined filter, which means that the conditions it filters on are determined in the application's model and read by the GUI.

The only possible thing you can modify by using a process flow is whether a prefilter should be turned on or off in a certain situation or based on a specific process flow parameter value. This can be done by using the Change prefilters process action type.

If you want to apply a regular filter using the parameter value, it is possible to use the Change filters process action type instead. This allows you to filter column A based on parameter A value, column B based on parameter B value, etc. etc.

Hopefully this answers your question and helps you think of a different solution for what you’re trying to achieve 😃

Kind regards,

Renée

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

i am trying to make a process-flow that contains a variable to use in a prefilter. I can't find anything in the docs or on the community about this.

Is this possible to do? And if not, what is an other option i can try?

You can create a table with user_ID, timestamp and ‘variable’ and make a query pre-filter that uses the table to steer the results..  in the flow you can set the variable.