Solved

Validations for a deleted table under access control?

• 23 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I’ve deleted a table and when I run the validations again I got the following validations:

• Deleting for the role is allowed while deleting in the table (variant) is not allowed
  • Adding for the role is allowed while deleting in the table (variant) is not allowed
  • Updating for the role is allowed while deleting in the table (variant) is not allowed

The table is gone but when I examinate one of the validation query's it seems there is still data present in the table role_tab, linked to the table I just removed.

I cannot find the deleted table under Access control, so what is the best way to deal with those validation messages? Approving it is probably possible, but there is still data present in role_tab, which for me doesn't look OK.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 7 December 2020, 11:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

I just checked it myself and indeed the table stays listed in the validation; even after complete definition validation. I do believe this is a bug as the table should be deleted from role_tab when deleting a table. As workaround you can indeed approve these validations. Would you mind creating an issue in TCP for this? Then the Software Factory team can solve this.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René,

I just checked it myself and indeed the table stays listed in the validation; even after complete definition validation. I do believe this is a bug as the table should be deleted from role_tab when deleting a table. As workaround you can indeed approve these validations. Would you mind creating an issue in TCP for this? Then the Software Factory team can solve this.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Thanks, I've added an issue in TCP.

Br, René