Using SVG icon on a task variant

• 5 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Has anyone seen this when setting an svg file as Tile image OR as icon. I want to show a SVG icon in

a task in a (mobile) Tile menu but then this happens.

I have changed all the other icons to SVG and that works fine. (However I did not figure out how to change the color)

But when stting an icon on a task the file content is shown in the APP. Not the icon??

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

To our developers it looks like the encoding of the SVG file you use for the Tile background is incorrect, hence all the <?>. Could you try another SVG to check if it shows correctly? 

To change the color of the SVG, see here:

"Universal will change the color of an SVG in dark and light mode only when no color has been set (a color would be something like: fill=”#000000”, etc.) for a path or other shape. When a color has been set, we assume the SVG was intended to have that color for that shape.

If you remove the color information from the SVG, it’ll change colors with the Universal theme type.”

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I tried other icons as well. The other icons do work if a tile is a subject. If a tile is a task variant is does not work

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

I see you created an TCP issue of this under issue 79348. That's great as that was exactly the next step to take. The team will keep you posted there and ask for additional information if needed. Once there is a solution, we'll make sure to update his post aswell.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Yes, after struggling quiet some time, I concluded it’s a bug, so I created the TCP issue.