Solved

Using extended propertiy/session variable from SF Runtime config supported ?

• 21 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We are using several runtime configurations in SF which are setting some session variables.
When running an application on the SF which is using a different runtime config (so not ‘default’), it seems that the session variables are not set as defined in the custom runtime config.

Example:

Session.fkCompany has been set to 2 in the custom runtime config.
In the detault this value is set to 1.

When running application 16071 (e_test runtime) still the value 1 is used.
When chaning the value to 2 in the default (app 16051) we notice that also for 16071 the value has been changed to 2.

SF 2021.3 (latest hotfixes installed)
Win UI 2023.1.15

Some can explain this what we are missing in here, or maybe a bug ?

Thanks.

best regards,

Cyril

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 24 April 2023, 14:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

The Default runtime configuration extended properties are the default for all other runtime configurations. This means that any extended properties set for the default runtime configuration are also present for all other specified configurations. And it also includes the value.

Changing a value of an extended property in the default will also automatically change it for all other configurations unless an override had taken place beforehand.

So it is intended behavior but I can understand this is confusing for the first time.

Do you perhaps have a suggestion for how we can notify developers that this behavior will occur when changing parts of the default runtime configuration?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply on this.

I think developers will be ‘noticed’ that the default setting is in place for custom configurations or that the custom configuration has a different setting compared to default. In that last  situation the value is ‘bold’. 

But, my issue is regarding the fact that if de default is set to value 1 and the custom configuration is set to 2. When running both configurations then, they both have the extended value set to 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah, so they do appear to have a different value but in testing they don't. We can check the values the GUI receives. Could you try querying the following and share the result?:

select *
from extended_property_overview
where project_id = '...'
and project_vrs_id = '...'
and runtime_configuration_id = 'e_test'

This should show the value (2) that you have specified for the session.fkCompany.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

hi Mark,

adjusted your query slightly and hereby the results.

So the value is correctly stored in the DB.

Maybe this is telling us something: 🤔

Detail info for the red crosses is:
“An item with the same key has already been added.” 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think we need to take a closer look at this. Would you kindly create a TCP ticket for this? I feel this might be an issue in the Windows GUI.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

TCP ticket created accordingly and reference to this topic added.

Thanks.