Question

Universal Session Time Out parameter

• 2 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Can’t we have a setting in IAM on user level where we can setup the Universal session Time Out for a user. There are user groups, like engineers, warehouse people, (truck) drivers who are not using an application all day long but only a few times per day. They need to login again and open their windows (Documents) and filters which they had open when they left the device. These people are not office workers but need to do some actions in an application during the day. It’s a horror for them if they need to re-open al the windows and setting the filters they had opened in the morning. 

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

See also 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Edwin,

Is it an idea to let the users use the ‘Remember me’ (Universal) or ‘Stay signed in’ (Indicium) option? 

More info here:

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Anne, it might be a work around for a while but to be honest, I don’t want even to explain this to these type of users. Then I have to tell them to login in the app. Then change the URL to /indicium, there the can indicate ‘stay signed in’ and then change the URL back again to Universal. These users don’t ever want to login in Indicium. Be aware I’m talking about drivers, warehouse people etc. Their work is to ‘drive’ and to move pallets around in a warehouse or for technical engineers install airco units, execute maintenance work etc. They only now and then go in the app to report their hours or do inventory checks or run pickinglists etc. They’re not working whole day in the application. The 30 minutes is a horror for them, and I think with all TW customers you’ll have many of these kind of users!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Edwin,

The users do not have to go to Indicium. The stay signed in option is also available in the Universal login screen:

Remember me is the option to use

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Anne, in my opninion the words ‘remember me’ have another meaning than the words “stay signed in”!
Remember me is a function to remember your username and password to be able to sign in quickly.
Stay signed it means that the application will not log you out and you will not run into time out issues.

So if it the same function, please rename the “remember me” to “stay signed in”…..
And I will try it with some users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Edwin,

I’ve checked with our UX team. They agree, we will have to look into that.

We’ve created a ticket for you (9033S) to keep track of the progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Edwin Saan Just raised an Idea for the original request you made, for is it is indeed annoying as well: Session expired User Experience needs to be improved | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)