Solved

Universal GUI : Refresh On Document Switch not working?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Recently we’ve upgraded our Test- and Staging environments in Azure to Indicium 2023.1.15 and Universal GUI 2023.1.15.1 and enabled the Extended Property RefreshOnDocumentSwitch = Yes as described in the release notes of Universal GUI 2023.1.15

Release Notes Universal GUI 2023.1.15 | Refresh on revisiting a page or tab

However, we don't see any refreshed data when a user revisits the opened document in the menu.

Are we missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

PS: We have disabled ‘Show Open Documents’ in the software factory, so we don't show the open documents in the menu.

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 7 July 2023, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have the same issue as well, I already applied both:

• RefreshOnDocumentSwitch - Yes
  • RefreshOnTabSwitch - Yes

In the IAM Model - Extended Properties and the Global settings - Extended Properties and it's still not working.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I'm having the same problem in Universal 2023.1.16.0

A custom process flow to refresh a specific document upon activation also doesn't work either

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

We have received a ticket of this, and will be looked at

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi all.

We're not linked to the ticket in TCP, so i am not in the loop. But we re still facing serious refresh issues and questions from users looking at stale data.

Any progress on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

It turns out it requires the exact value of "true” now to get activated. So this is your workaround for now.

We will improve the logic to also allow values like "yes” and "1”.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply. I've configured the Extended Properties as you described (see picture)

However, it still looks like it's not working. I don't see refreshed data on reopening a document.

Is there anybody out there using these properties and can confirm it is working?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

​Please add this setting to your Runtime Configuration in the Software Factory and synchronize it to your IAM application. 

It seems like there is an issue with extended properties directly added to the application through IAM. Looks like it gets filtered out from being available for the Universal GUI now.

@André Romijn Would you mind reporting a TCP ticket for this to follow this up, or shall I do it for you?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Erik Brink
Thanks for the research on this issue. I've removed the Extended Properties from the IAM and set them in the Runtime Configuration and synchronized it to the IAM. However, this still doesn't resolve the problem.

Would you be so kind for reporting a TCP ticket. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I will.

What value did you gave the Extended property in the Software Factory? It still has to be "true” for now and the checkbox "Expose to front-end” should be enabled.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Erik Brink see our settings below

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I had to give my browser a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) before the new settings came though from IAM. 

The GUI uses a so called "Serviceworker” to cache model definition within case we lose connection and we want to continue working offline.

Does this do the trick for you too, @André Romijn ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I don't think so @Erik Brink . The properties are coming to my browser (see picture), but still the refresh is not happening.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

While testing it on several cases, we found a second problem, which have to be fixed in the logic of the GUI. 

We will keep you posted about the status.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We did not manage to resolve this as part of the current sprint which will be released tomorrow. This items will be continued on the next sprint with an expected beta release date on the 30th of June.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Erik Brink 

Do you have any update on this? I didn't see anything in the release-notes of the Universal GUI 2023.2.10 beta, or did i miss something?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The fix missed the end of previous sprint and became larger then we initially expected.

Now, we've resolved it and will be released as part of the 2023.2.11 release which will be available on the 31th of July as a beta release and a week later as the official release.