Solved

Universal GUI iOS PWA issues

• 15 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

We are currently encountering two issues with using Universal GUI as PWA on iOS specifically, for which I'm wondering whether or not Thinkwise can do anything about it. 

1. The ‘Back to app’ on iOS is ‘Untitled’. Same as reported here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/128646
  2. PWA stuck on Approve sign-in request Microsoft screen
    We have configured SSO with Azure AD (Open ID) and use MFA Authentication for our application. When trying to login on my phone I get a Notification from the Microsoft Authenticator app on the same device, when clicking this Notification > Approve > Fingerprint and then using the Untitled Back to app at the top left, the screen I return to in my Universal GUI PWA app will remain on the Approve sign-in request Microsoft screen as if the Approval confirmation has never been received.

The issue is similar to what is reported here, except for the fact that that recorded scenario (using the Home button in order to switch apps) actually works with Universal: when I don't use the ‘back to app’ functionality, but instead press my Home button twice to be able to switch apps and then go from the Microsoft Authenticator to the Universal GUI PWA app, it works as expected.

Is this something the Universal GUI team could fix or is it still fingers crossed for Apple to fully embrace PWA before we see these kind of annoyances fixed?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 14 September 2021, 15:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Arie,

This is most likely an iOS problem. The version does matter. But we cannot know for sure without looking into this. If you experienced these problems after upgrading to iOS 12.3.1, you might need to downgrade back to a previous version. Could you report a ticket for this in TCP? That way we can look into it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250395475

[...] before iOS 12.3.1 if you selected "Receive notifications for verifications" when you set up the Mircosoft Authenticator, Approving the sign on would not work. You would have to select "Sign in another way" at the "Approve sign in request" screen. Then select "Use a verification code from my mobile app". Open the Microsoft Authenticator app and make a note of the code. Make sure that you have enough time to enter it in before the timer on the code runs out. Select "Verify".

With iOS 12.3.1 all you have to do is open the Authenticator and select "Approve" if you chose "Receive notifications for verifications" when you set up the Microsoft Authenticator.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Alright, TCP created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Closing this topic due to it being reported in TCP. Current status: On the backlog