Solved

Universal GUI bad request when starting task in process flow

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We’re trying to start a task with some task parameters in a process flow. But this results in a bad request error in the Universal GUI but not in the Windows GUI. 

In brief we’re trying to build a functionality that let’s our users send semi-automated emails. We’ve created some email templates that we’d like to enrich with data from our application. But before sending these emails the user should be able to make changes to the generated email.

To accomplish this we’ve created a table with email templates, and added a table task on another table that triggers an process flow. This process flow should enrich the email template with some data from our application and then return the result to the user. So in the process flow, after retrieving data based on the selected record and adding this to the email template we’d like to start another task with an (editable) task parameter so it pops-up in the GUI. However when we’re trying to do this we receive a bad request error. If I run exactly the same action in the Windows GUI it works fine. 

Can anyone explain what I’m doing wrong? 

P.s. please let me know if you need additional details

icon

Best answer by HarryA 12 July 2022, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you check the indicium log for any errors while starting this task? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Erwin Ekkel There is nothing in the log

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Found a workaround by using a default instead of task parameters. When i tried to reproduce the error mentioned before everything seems to work fine now so I'm closing this question