Solved

Turn off task when multiple grid records are selected

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All,

Is it possible to turn off (e.g. ctx proc) for when Multiple Records are selected?

I have an invoice overview, and the user can reset the invoice. But I want this to be done per grid row. When I select multiple records, the task is still selectable. 

Can I turn off a task when more records are selected? Feels like a very simple thing, but somehow I don’t see it. 

Thnx! 

icon

Best answer by Blommetje 3 June 2021, 10:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

I don't believe this is possible in a way. Best way of working around this it to enable "Popup for each row" in Tasks. That way the user will have to fill in the Task parameters when the task finished execution for a row before starting the next. Does that help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Mark,

To be sure that we do understand correctly. 

I have a (for instance) pdf generator. When the pdf is ok, the customer sets it ‘Final’. 
This ‘Make Final’ task moves the pdf to a table, marks is final, notifies the customer per email and so on. 

When the PDF is marked final, we turn off the Edit options, and do not show the task any more. 

We also hide the ‘Generate New PDF’ task, since the current one is already final (agreed upon). 

Final docs with just one task showing. 

More task are available when still in Draft.

However, when a record that is Draft is selected with an Final record, the task still shows. 

Multiple records selected; generate Draft task is visible. 

I do not want the Draft task to be visible when a record is selected that is marked Final. 

If this can’t be fixed in the ctx-proc I need to rewrite a whole bunch of task functionality to validate per record if the task may be executed. Now we do this in the ctx, but this is sort of a loophole. 

Hopefully it is clear what the problem is, and is there an easy solution. 

Kind regards, 

Alex 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Although not completely as I wanted it, it is possible to turn off multirow select via an Full Model → Extenders. Specify the table and it is blocked. 

However, this turns it off for all tasks on specified table, therefor it is not ideal.