Solved

TCP screen with version info etc no longer visible

• 28 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In TCP, the detail screen on which information about the selected product is displayed (the available version number, etc.) is no longer visible.
It concerns the part [Thinkwise products].

Problem also occurs with a colleague.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 5 October 2022, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marc,

Is the Version detail empty for every available product? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hai Mark

The detail-section is missing completely

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That does not seem to be intended. I'll communicate internally. Thanks for notifying us 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marc,

According to the TCP-team, they have revised the screens and the versions screen is no longer available. You can still download (new) versions using the Tasks. New versions are announced here on the Community over at Product Updates 😄

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Mark

Thanks for inquiring.

So what we now (no longer) see is 'as designed'?
Why was it decided to show less information on the screen?
Previously, in TCP we could quickly check the versions to check whether we were completely up to date. Of course this is also possible via all update blogs, but in TCP this overview was much easier and faster to obtain.

Can the TCP team explain why they made this change?

If we suddenly remove functionality in our applications in a new version without explanation, our users are not happy....

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am also missing the ‘choose version’ parameter in the task ‘Installatiepakket downloaden’. We are still running on 2021.3 and now we cannot download hotfixes for this version, because it downloads the hotfixes for 2022.2.

And I agree with Marc that the missing Versions-tab isn't very productive. For every product i have to click on the Task in stead of quickly scrolling through the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi all,

Taking into account the previous comments, we have decided to bring the screen back to its original state. To see the changes, please restart the TCP application.