Solved

TCP Downloads more often fail than succeed.

• 22 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 387 replies

I have a problem, perhaps because of the distance, that my downloads from TCP are failing more than they are successful. Looks like a download link is generated and doesn't persists.. because after a ‘network failure’ somewhere between Brazil and the Netherlands there is no way to restart or resume the download. I sometimes have to try 10 times before I successfully have downloaded updates and upgrades. 

Would be great if somebody could have a look at this. 

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 22 November 2022, 16:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello Freddy, 

Could you report this in a TCP ticket? The community's purpose is for development questions and new ideas regarding the platform. Problems with the platform/TCP/GUI etc can be reported in TCP tickets.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @Freddy ,

Faced similar issue here in Cyprus and we ended up anyways moving our development env to Azure VMs which is on same location as the servers of our delivery env.

All located West Europe.

Super FAST.

We do everything on the remote VM’s and no issues in downloading anymore with this.

Good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Freddy ,

Faced similar issue here in Cyprus and we ended up anyways moving our development env to Azure VMs which is on same location as the servers of our delivery env.

All located West Europe.

Super FAST.

We do everything on the remote VM’s and no issues in downloading anymore with this.

Good luck.

I understand, but as a global player (Thinkwise) it should not be dependent on moving our environments to Azure to have fast and reliable connections :) 

Nevertheless downloads should be able to be restarted, I have not problem in waiting a bit longer.. but current setup makes it impossible because any hiccup will cause the download to fail.