Solved

Task that works on 2 indepent lists

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Does anybody know how to create a task which works on 2 independent lists. 

Let’s say I have a list with demands and I have a list with supply’s. These 2 lists are shown on 1 screen and horizontally devided. (I’ve created a reference with no reference columns) So the top list is the demand list and the below list is the supply list.
I want to be able to select a demand line in the demand list and to select a specific supply line in the supply list as well.
Then I want to start a task which can connect this specific demand line and this specific supply line. For example to create a new orderline based on this selected demand line and selected supply line.

An example is the task “create list bar item” in the SF. In that case the system knows which subject I want to add to the listbar and the system knows as well which menu item (at the left side) is selected so the chosen subject will be placed in the correct submenu. Can we do this with two independent lists as well?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 4 November 2020, 13:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

You could make a drag-and-drop task where you drag supplies onto a demand, or the other way around dragging demand onto supply. This way you could 'link’ them together and do some code magic to achieve the desired goal.

More info here in the docs: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/subjects.html#drag-drop

Would that suffice?

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Sorry, I didn’t know this feature. I’m going to check that out. Thanks a lot.
Question may be closed