Solved

Surpress 'the saved data can not be displayed' notification

• 10 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Because of the problem described here (prefilter blocks showing new inserted data), I have added a process flow that will turn off all prefilters, and jump to the new row. Works fine in the basics. 
However, I still get this notification; 

Can this notification be surpressed, since it is confusing. Due to the PF I am now at the correct record, yet this notification states otherwise. 

Or any other way this problem can be solved? 

Blommetje 

icon

Best answer by Arie V 17 October 2023, 01:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Blommetje,

Do you happen to know how does the Windows GUI reacts to the same process?

It is logical the Universal GUI gives this message as the data can indeed not shown at the time of insertion. Understandably the process flow will disable the prefilters after insertion but the GUI currently cannot determine that preemptively. There is currently not a way to surpress this. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Mark, 

Thanks, I thought so, but now we know. 

Aside from this, we do run into the problem that prefilters toggling is not great. 
We have 6 prefilters on the grid and form. Here the screen layout. 

So, the grid (and form therefor) is filtered on P (planned).

On the Form, with a task I progress my Workorder from Planned to Active (A). I now clear the prefilters and Go To Row, to stay on the record. Now the prefilters are cleared. 

Going back to the Grid, I see way too much data, since the prefilters are cleared… 

What would be the advised solution for using prefilters, keeping the current Row in sight, but still having a good overview on the grid with a lot of data. Are there workflows where this is implemented, or what is advised? 

Blommetje 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Not sure how other members have this in their application, but one way could be to work with cardlists. But considering the amount of information in the Grid it may not be the best solution.

Maybe a Task would prevent the message? I'm not sure but could be worth a try.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Blommetje a few thoughts from my side:

• How about using Change prefilter or Change filter process action instead of Clear filter? That way you could activate the Prefilter for the specific new Status.
  • I also like the Group until option on Status fields on a Grid, that way the Grid records are grouped by the Status value and only the group with the selected row is actually expanded in the Grid.
  • If you go for the Group until on Status, you could also consider removing (some of) the Status pre-filters, as users could more or less do the same with expanding/collapsing the groups. Provided that the new Status group is also available, this would also prevent the notification from being triggered and you can remove the Clear filter process action from your PF.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Blommetje  did Arie or Mark's answer help you out? If so could you please select a best answer?