Status drag and drop records Universal GUI

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 390 replies

Hi.

With the release of U-GUI 2023.1.18 it was noted that the next release would have drag and drop in a different context. 

• Drag and drop - Drag records from the grid and drop them in a different context. This will not yet allow a drop on a specific record.

Was this release the last UGUI release? 2023.2.10 ?  There it says that the next sprint you would start working on drag and drop on a specific record.. 

In short, I have been trying, but cannot get drag-and-drop to work in the U-GUI. 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 27 July 2023, 06:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

The What we will be working on part of the release notes simply specifies what will be worked on. This can mean that what is mentioned has not been finished yet by the time a next version is released. In regards of Drag-drop, it is a complicated feature which requires more implementation time than other mentioned items.

Coming Monday (31 July 2023) Universal GUI beta release will ship with Drag-drop support. However, some parts are not supported yet, but more on that in the upcoming release notes.

Internally we have shifted from a 3-week sprint to 4-week sprint, that also means releases have shifted too. Monday will be the Beta release, and the week after the official release will be done.

Edit, Release notes here: Release notes Universal GUI 2023.2.11 BETA | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

@Mark Jongeling in the latest beta drag-drop works from a grid. I was looking at the forecast.. will drag-drop from cardlist ever be supported?  In an era where everybody loves a Kanban it's a huge deficit if it wouldn't be supported. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mark Jongeling in the latest beta drag-drop works from a grid. I was looking at the forecast.. will drag-drop from cardlist ever be supported?  In an era where everybody loves a Kanban it's a huge deficit if it wouldn't be supported. 

Hi Freddy,

Looking at the Universal GUI backlog, it does have User stories for it. In the future, we would love to add drag-drop support for cardlists.

However, drag-drop from or onto a cardlist never worked before thus making it a new feature. As we are currently focusing on having the Universal GUI replace the Windows GUI in functionality as stated in this blog by Jasper, it is unknown when drag-drop from and onto a cardlist will be planned for implementation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Freddy,

Looking at the Universal GUI backlog, it does have User stories for it. In the future, we would love to add drag-drop support for cardlists.

However, drag-drop from or onto a cardlist never worked before thus making it a new feature. As we are currently focusing on having the Universal GUI replace the Windows GUI in functionality as stated in this blog by Jasper, it is unknown when drag-drop from and onto a cardlist will be planned for implementation.

It's a bit of a pity, and a missed opportunity, because the cardlist doesn't exist in the Windows GUI and in a web-environment it is much more a go to component. What you are saying is that we probably have to wait over a year to have full drag-drop functionality. 

I would really love to see Thinkwise implementing drag-drop also in cardlist together with grid and tree. You are working on it now, and the feature value is huge if you ask me.  @Jasper