Solved

StartupProcedure version

• 11 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

When I have configured a StartupProcedure in the extended properties 2 parameters are needed (@project_id and @message).

Is it possible to know what version is starting up in that Stored Proc?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 13 October 2022, 07:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Also a second question, is it possible to set a value which I can use again when using the ShutdownProcedure?

I would like to create a Session-record in another database in the StartupProcedure and will update that record in de ShutdownProcedure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Peter,

I haven't used these two extended properties myself due to being able to use Start objects. Could that be a good alternative? Start objects can also start Process flows, so for example you could start a process flow with a Task and execute the procedure you want to execute after the Task inside Process procedure code..

About "Is it possible to know what version is starting up in that Stored Proc?” and " is it possible to set a value which I can use again when using the ShutdownProcedure?”

I don't think the version can be obtained. However, the procedure could obtain data itself with a query. So if you write it to a table, you can re-use it in the ShutdownProcedure.

IAM also has login logging, in the Session log: 

Session log

Sadly it does not always fill the Ends on as GUI's can be closed in different ways, either normally or by force.

Hope this helps!