Solved

Startup menu-item, task or process flow

• 28 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I get the impression that it should be possible to automatically start one or more menu-items, tasks or process flows, but have no idea how to do it.

For now I want to start with a pop-up that gives the user some information about the application, with a tick-box (lower left corner) that the user can check and prevent the pop-up from showing in the future.

Please share with me how to automatically perform such an (or any) action on starting the application. And maybe even configure how to disable this.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 28 January 2021, 14:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Roy,

In IAM it is possible to define start objects for User (Groups). This way you can open Tables/Tasks/Reports or even start Process flows by starting with it's starting action.

You can create an User preference table inside your project that saves all kinds of User preferences throughout your application. IAM cannot save this user preference for you. Start your process flow with a Task (for example) that checks if the user has not yet said he doesn’t want the popup. If he does want the pop-up then continue the process flow by deciding that in the process procedure of the starting action (Task). 

Also, see this: 

Hope it gives some insights and ideas! :wink:

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling