Solved

Start process flow on key press

• 9 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I created a process flow and have tested this with an initial task. This initial task doesn't have any code attached to it. Starting this process through this task works.

Now I want to start this process flow by pressing a key-combination.

After updating the model (from within the windows desktop application), this key-combination does not seem to work. Also tried Ctrs-Shift-Alt-H combination with the same result.

Is there something else that I should be doing in order to start this process flow?

icon

Best answer by Edo Spijker 10 December 2020, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Roy,

Not all actions that you can model in the processflow modeler are starting actions, and not all these starting actions are actions that you could ‘activate’ with a shortkey or key combination.

The only starting actions that could be ‘activated’ with a shortkey or key combination are:
Execute tab task    this one can have a custom key combination
Print tab report       this one can have a custom key combination
Add record
Edit record
Delete record
Edit in grid on
Refresh

I hope this answers your question.

Edo Spijker

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Edo,

My process flow does start with an execute (tab) task action. But probably since there are two actions it doesn't know with which one to start.

I guess besides starting with one of the actions you mention it has to be exactly one process action and not multiple ways to start it. I guess I have to post an Idea to include which process action to start with if there is more than one.