Skip to main content
Solved

Sort resource scheduler on date

• 11 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am looking for a way to change the sorting of the resource scheduler. Currently it looks to be sorted alphabetically on the resource grouping column, but I want it to be sorted on the end date or start date of an order, so orders which are roughly in the same date range are displayed together. 

In the scheduler I cannot find this option. Any ideas?

Current default sort, on ordernumber

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Allard,

The sorting is derived from the current sorting of the Table. That can be a User preference sorting or (if not present) the Table sorting itself. So if that sorting sorts on a Date column descending, this order then is passed onto the scheduler. Can you double check that is indeed what is happening?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Allard,

The sorting is derived from the current sorting of the Table. That can be a User preference sorting or (if not present) the Table sorting itself. So if that sorting sorts on a Date column descending, this order then is passed onto the scheduler. Can you double check that is indeed what is happening?

I don't think this currently works. By default it sorts alphabetically and that cannot be changed. This may have been fixed already but if so, this idea should receive an update. 

We had trouble with the sorting as well and now rely on a view that prefixes the first column with a number to get the sorting the way we like. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Allard,

Yes, this does not work. It only sorts alphabetically on the grouping column. We currently use the same solution as J. de Lange as in the we prefix the grouping column with the date on which we want to sort. But this is not ideal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hmm, that is interesting. I'll pass it on to the devs! Sorry for the false hope 😅