Solved

Showing power Bi dashboard in a thinkwise preview component (with login)

• 6 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi there,

We're fairly new to Thinkwise, and I wanted to share a dashboard that I created in Power BI inside our Thinkwise application. I created a link for the dashboard using the following menu in Power BI:

I then used that link as text in an expression field, with the URL as the control for that domain. Next, I added a preview of the dashboard into a new tab page inside our screen type, which displays as follows:

However, when I click the "sign in" button, a new tab page opens and signs me in, but nothing changes within the Thinkwise application. I'm unable to see my dashboard. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or if there's a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Laurens

icon

Best answer by Jasper 14 April 2023, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Laurens,

Great to see you're using PowerBI integration!

I just tested it myself and here the PowerBI report is loaded immediately after logging in. Can you check the console and network tab of the browser's developer tools for any errors that occur after logging in?

Badge

thanks for answering!

It does work in the windows application!!!
when i try to do it in universal using firefox it gives this warning:
Fout bij brontoewijzing: Error: request failed with status 404 Bron-URL: https://content.powerapps.com/resource/powerbiwfe/scripts/reportembed.externals.bundle.min.9a59479f6cfe0ea78ab6.js Brontoewijzings-URL: interact.min.js.map

it does open a new tab to login, and it closes the tab directly again, since i'm loged in on firefox already on that account i think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Laurens, 

This looks like an error on Microsoft's part. There have been reports of similar issues recently, for example here: PowerBI Embedded no longer running in Chrome 404 - Microsoft Power BI Community

I suggest you submit a ticket for this on the PowerBI community.

Badge

thanks i will do that ty!!

i have also tried another website(our internal application atm) and it also works in windows
but in universal we get error:
Laden van gemengde actieve inhoud ‘http://ourIPadress:ourPort/tapijtcentrum/MainHandler-en_US.html’ geblokkeerd
Can i ask something about it here? or do i open another question for it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The "mixed content" error is most likely because you are using HTTP instead of HTTPS for the embedded URL. More info here: Mixed content - Web security | MDN (mozilla.org)

The Windows GUI doesn't have this problem because it uses a standalone WebView2 browser component instead of an iFrame. (And for the sake of completeness: this is also the reason that CORS errors do not apply in the Windows GUI.) 

Badge

thanks for all the help! verry helpfull :-D