Solved

Show message at startup mobile app

• 1 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, I would like to show a (popup)message when users start the mobile app of our application. Preferably begin the login screen. Any ideas?

I know I can start a proces when for example a table opens but I want to do that before that. I don't see an event (like default/layout) when a menu starts or when the app starts.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanx for your answers!

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 1 August 2023, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Walter, 

Do you mean the Mobile GUI or the Universal GUI?

If Mobile: Start objects do not function for the Mobile GUI nor the Show message process action. Also the Mobile GUI has reached EoL with the last supported version being 2023.1. No further development will be done for this GUI. A blog about this here: Mobile GUI is now End of Life | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

If Universal: you can create a process flow with the first process action being Start task. This task can be a task with logic type = None. This will then simply be a dummy that you can set as Start object. As this is the first action of the process flow, the flow will continue execution. The next action in the flow can be a Show message process action with which you can show the desired message to your users.

Alternatively you can send a user notification to specific users, user groups or all users of a particular application. This will let your users receive the message as soon as they login to the application or during working in the application.

Hope this helps out!

Badge

Hi Mark, thanx for your clear answer!
Unfortunately we wanted to use this message to let the users know that we are quitting with the mobile GUI. 🤣
We will look for another way to let the users know. Thanx again!