Solved

SF 2023.2 reports unit tests failed without any failed unit test

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi community,

When we run a complete generation of the ‘main’ branch of our model, the step ‘Run unit tests’ fails (red progress bar). However, with the prefilter ‘Failed’ enabled, no failed unit test is shown (see picture).

When we create a new branch of the ‘main’ branch and do a complete generation, the ‘Run unit tests ‘succeeds (a green progress bar is displayed)

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jeroen van den Belt 3 October 2023, 13:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @André Heijmeriks,

Can you check if some information is available in the Jobs screen? Perhaps the problem is not in the result of the unit tests, but in the job responsible for executing the unit tetsts. See Maintenance > Jobs. Then you have to disable the prefilter which shows the active jobs. Then you can look up the specific job corresponding with this unit test run, and click on the detail tab ‘Unit tests’. Any logging available here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Jeroen van den Belt 

Thanks for your response.

On the unit test page no additional logging is found (see image).

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hmm… In that case I would recommend you create a ticket, so we can investigate this further. Please provide some extra context, like if previous or subsequent (unit test) jobs also failed, or if it was just this job. Please also attach a copy of the Indicium log, so we can take a look at the error log. More information on how to do this can be found here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/indicium#log-files

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Jeroen,

Thx i will file a ticket in TCP