Solved

Setting up "Forgot password" in Universal

• 14 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We are trying to configure the “Forgot password?” option on the Universal login page.

Tried to search the community and docs but didn't find a way to achieve this.

We are using both IAM and Windows-users for login, and I guess the “Forgot password” option is not available for Windows users ?

I guess we need to configure a SMTP-server somewhere (appsettings.json?) and ofcourse the user should have an emailadress configured.

Is there maybe some documentation how to configure all of this ?

Running on Indicium 2021.1, Universal 2021.1.15.0

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 14 May 2021, 17:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

On this page you can find more details on how to configure Forgot password:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/indicium.html#enable-changing-and-resetting-passwords

This does only work for user with IAM authentication. There is currently no way of changing password for users with a different authentication type.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Mark Jongeling , thanks for this link.
For some reasons I wasn't able to find it myself 😬

Will try next week if we are able to make this work.

One question already upfront: do we need to put in the password just as plain text ? Or can we MD5 it for example ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes, the password does have to be plaintext there. Putting a MD5 version of the password will not work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Mark, finaly was able to check.

Now an error in the Indicum logging:

[ERR] An exception was thrown while deserializing the token. (348bf365)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.AntiforgeryValidationException: The antiforgery token could not be decrypted.
 ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The key {a1654860-6c47-4858-835b-a44fcf13f474} was not found in the key ring.
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.UnprotectCore(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean allowOperationsOnRevokedKeys, UnprotectStatus& status)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.DangerousUnprotect(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean ignoreRevocationErrors, Boolean& requiresMigration, Boolean& wasRevoked)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.Unprotect(Byte[] protectedData)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgeryTokenSerializer.Deserialize(String serializedToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgeryTokenSerializer.Deserialize(String serializedToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgery.GetCookieTokenDoesNotThrow(HttpContext httpContext)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

This error occurs when Indicium has ben restarted and an old cookie has been used to use the Universal GUI or Indicium. When that happens, you'll simply have to log in again. The “error” is nothing to be worried about :wink: