Solved

Set timeout Universal GUI session

• 7 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, we want to setup that the Universal GUI sessions expires in x minutes. 

We've create an application pool for the Universal GUI (Agent disabled).

In the advance settings of that application pool, by 'Process Model’ we've set the ‘Idle Time-out’ in x minutes. 

What happenend in the Universal GUI now is that after the x minutes the session ‘freezed’. When you start a task or someting, the session responds after af few seconds.

Also tried setting the session state as described in Docs. But in the Universal site i'm not able to edit the Session State. When  i set the session state in ‘Default Web Site’. is not working.

So what is the right way to setup timeout in Universal GUI?

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 14 September 2022, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Peter,

Universal GUI sessions expire after being idle for 30 minutes. This is the default behavior and it is not configurable at this moment. Are your sessions in the Universal GUI not expiring after 30 minutes? If so, then the cause of this could be that badges are keeping the session alive. Whenever a request is sent to Indicium, that session’s timeout is reset.

I would recommend against making the changes that you have made in IIS. The Idle timeout setting on the Application Pool does not refer to sessions, this will cause Indicium to be suspended/terminated entirely if no requests have been received inside of that time window. The session state settings have no effect, the documentation that you have linked refers to the Web GUI and is not applicable to Indicium.

If your Universal GUI sessions are not terminating automatically, you can find the cause by opening the Developer Tools in the browser (F12) and navigating to the Network tab. If you see any requests going through while the Universal GUI is idle, then these are causing the session to remain active. You can share your findings here so we can discuss them in more detail.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the late reply, recently I tested this but not with the desired result.
The GUI session does not expire, even with all batches disabled.

The Developer Tools shows no network activity either.

I also tried the insight universal, it also doesn't expire.

The reason we want that sessions expire is because in our warehouse several users are using the same device.
Users do not log out if there is still an active session. As a result, they now often work under a different username.

Expiring sessions seems to us to be the most suitable solution for this. I hope you can figure out why this doesn't work. Or dor you see another solution?