Question

Set number of copies in process flow report

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

How do I set the number of copies in a process flow which calls a report. I added the gui_rpt_number_of_copies parameter. I give it a value in the default of the task which triggers the process flow. I added a parameter gui_rpt_number_of_copies in the process flow. The parameter gets its value, but in the report step the parameter is set to 1.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Edwin,

Maybe this is a so-called open door question, but did you pass along the value of the parameter from the task in the process flow to the process action that calls the report? If the task doesn't provide the gui_rpt_number_of_copies as an output parameter it would be hard for the report action to know what the value has to be.

I suspect that the parameter being set to 1 is due to a default value, hence why it'll always be 1.

Does this help at all?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Renee,

Yes, I did but I will double check if I’ve not made a typo somewhere.

From your answer I understand that when I define the parameter in the process flow and I give it a value, the number of copies would be aumatically passed to the report action. (Because there are no input parameters defined in the process flow action)

This is exaclty what I do but somehow the process flow overwrites the parameter value I send from the task.