Solved

Set field width, and block first columns of a pivot in the Universal GUI

• 7 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

For some reason I cannot change the with for the columns from a Pivot.

I have tried several values in the ‘Field width’ settings of the ‘cube view fields’ bat that has no effect. and it's not possible to change the with in the GUI itself (by dragging) either.

(we are on the latest versions:

• Patforrm  2023.3
  • UniversalGUI : 2023.3.12.0.0,
  • Indicium: 2023.3.12.1

I need to block the first (green) columns, when scrolling to the right. in a normal grid this works pretty easy, but I can't find out how to do that in a pivot.

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 8 January 2024, 15:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
  1. this is currently not possible, nor are there any plans to make this possible. If you really need this implemented you could contact your account manager and ask for an offer to implement this as a feature request. 
  2. There are no settings to adjust this. If you feel several users could benefit from this then feel free to create an idea for this in the ideas section. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
  1. this is currently not possible, nor are there any plans to make this possible. If you really need this implemented you could contact your account manager and ask for an offer to implement this as a feature request. 
  2. There are no settings to adjust this. If you feel several users could benefit from this then feel free to create an idea for this in the ideas section. 

@Erwin Ekkel 

1. We need the column width option (or at least a smarter Pivot grid that automatically scales the column width based on the data in it) too! Now the Pivot grid quickly runs outside the screen for no good reason. Via @Kevin Horst we were under the impression that this was somewhere on the backlog of the Universal team. What is the reason for a procedure via the Account manager versus raising an Idea?
  2. Locking first column(s) would also be a valuable addition. @Bart Huizer let me know once you raised an Idea and we'll get you some votes!
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

To clarify the response of Erwin. It is on our backlog, but not planned for in the list of features for Q1.

Please contact your Thinkwise consulant(whether that is an Account manager or not ;)) in case it is blocking for your project.

Badge

For now; the best option is to create a much better looking pivot in PowerBI, and embed that in the app.