Solved

Session expired

• 15 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi,

After which time does this message pop ups in the Universal GUI and how can we change this time out / remove the time out?

Is there some setting in the Universal GUI, or the Indicium (hosted on Azure) side we can increase or turn off (preferred) this message?

To put it in some context: The user has installed it as an app, but he gets this message. That sounds a bit unlogic, because it's an app and why do I need to login each time I open the app.

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 18 May 2021, 10:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

By default the authentication session with Indicium is valid for 30 minutes and is automatically extended as long as the user is active.

Indicium does already support a ‘Remember me’ setting that makes it possible to extend the user's authentication session to 14 days, it handles browser restarts correctly and still automatically extends the user's session. Currently, this last point is not supported by the login page of the Universal GUI. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René,

By default the authentication session with Indicium is valid for 30 minutes and is automatically extended as long as the user is active.

Indicium does already support a ‘Remember me’ setting that makes it possible to extend the user's authentication session to 14 days, it handles browser restarts correctly and still automatically extends the user's session. Currently, this last point is not supported by the login page of the Universal GUI. 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the answer. Is this something that is already on the backlog? Or are we the first to encounter this?

To place it a little bit in context: Our customers use the Universal GUI only on mobile devices (phones, tablets). Their task is not to continuously monitor their device, but do their job in the workshop. And once they’ve finished their work in the workshop, they must pickup their next task in the app. Logging each time in, over and over again, is very annoying.

Have you ever used an app on your mobile device where you'd have to log in twice? I only do this when I've changed my password (on another device) or when something important is happening, which requires some verification (doing a payment via bank transfer). That's why our end users experience this as annoying.

Br, René

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

It wasn’t on the backlog yet. Since this is quite important to you and possibly other users aswell I have created a TCP ticket (81514) in your name. There you can follow the progress and you will be notified accordingly.

For others, I will reply here when this question is resolved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi René,

The upcoming Universal GUI release 2021.2.11 will show a "remember me” checkbox on the login page to keep the user logged in longer. Without checking it the session in Indicium will expire in 30 minutes and when checked it will expire in 14 days of inactivity.

Regards Erik