Solved

Retrieve Thinkwise installation package through odata call TCP

• 2 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

At this moment its not possible to download the Thinkwise installation package from TCP via Indicium. This results in 'An unknown error occured, please contact your adminstrator’.

We would like to download the Thinkwise Installation Package through an Odata call, but we cannot seem to get it to work. It would be great to automate the process of upgrading our Thinkwise stack (universals, indiciums, IAMs and maybe even the SF). 

Is there any way right now to automate the process of retrieving the installation package or are there any ideas to enable this in the near future?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 2 November 2022, 11:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi BramG,

That is because it cannot work at the moment. The Thinkwise installation package task is a GUI code task due to the complexity of constructing a installation package that suits the person downloading it. We have quite some customers who have custom extenders and parts that need to be included in the download, whilst not being added to packages of other of course.

As we are migrating TCP to work with the Universal GUI, this task will of course be rewritten/replaces too. Until then, using this task via an OData call will not succeed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Allright thanks for the quick response.

Is there any other (semi)automatic way to achieve downloading the installation package for us at this moment, without manually downloading it from the windows or web gui?

When do you think the task will be available through OData?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is there any other (semi)automatic way to achieve downloading the installation package for us at this moment, without manually downloading it from the windows or web gui?

We are experimenting with this but for now we don't have anything available for this.

When do you think the task will be available through OData?

I'm not sure when this task will be available through OData but I do hear that the TCP team have planned rework for this task this year. If they will be able to finish it this year is something I cannot say for certain at the moment.