"Report scripts were found in the application while the script execution is denied"

• 15 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Suddenly we had the following error (displayed as information?) in our webgui (2020.2.22) hosted on Azure:

Error Report scripts were found in the application while the script execution is denied

I have absolutely no clue by what this error is caused. We haven't done any application or webgui updates. I’ve restarted the app service and the error disappeared.

We have a DevExpress report with a before print event which is probably causing this error.

Anyone familiar with this? I want to know what is causing this error.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

This is an error that more DevExpress users have experienced. According to https://supportcenter.devexpress.com/ticket/details/t453946/report-scripts-were-found-in-the-application-while-the-script-execution-is-denied# there might be a solution for it.

You can try adding the following to the global.asax file:

ScriptPermissionManager.GlobalInstance = new CustomScriptPermissionManager(ExecutionMode.Unrestricted);

Be sure to keep a backup so in case it doesn’t work, you can return to the original global.asax.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René,

This is an error that more DevExpress users have experienced. According to https://supportcenter.devexpress.com/ticket/details/t453946/report-scripts-were-found-in-the-application-while-the-script-execution-is-denied# there might be a solution for it.

You can try adding the following to the global.asax file:

ScriptPermissionManager.GlobalInstance = new CustomScriptPermissionManager(ExecutionMode.Unrestricted);

Be sure to keep a backup so in case it doesn’t work, you can return to the original global.asax.

Hi Mark,

I think it's a bit tricky to change files which we don't own / developed. I cannot foresee the consequences of such changes so I don't prefer to do that.

Br, René

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

TCP issue reported for this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Issue has been closed as it couldn't be replicated anymore.