Solved

Regarding "Connect to DB" is disabled in SF Execute Source Code

• 26 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi team,

I am facing the issue in “Execute Source Code” section at SF while running creation. Connect to DB button is disabled and I can’t proceed further in creation right now. Kindly update us what else can we do to resolve this issue. I have seen the other topic which was mentioned the query to resolve this issue. But in that query I have some doubts regarding control procedure “task_connect_to_db”. There is no control procedure we are having like that in our SF. So kindly tell us how to resolve this issue in SF.

The query I have seen in other topic was mentioned below

exec task_connect_to_db [model], [branch], 'default', 3, null
icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 26 June 2023, 13:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Prabhu,

The following icon at the progress bar indicates that the system is still trying to connect to the database.

Running job icon

If the problem persists, please check the Job log in the Maintenance section to see if the ‘Connect to database’ job is actually still running or a problem has occurred. You can also check the Indicium logs to see if a connection problem occurred on a deeper level.

Badge

Hi Prabhu,

The following icon at the progress bar indicates that the system is still trying to connect to the database.

Running job icon

If the problem persists, please check the Job log in the Maintenance section to see if the ‘Connect to database’ job is actually still running or a problem has occurred. You can also check the Indicium logs to see if a connection problem occurred on a deeper level.

Hi Anne Buit,

I’ve noticed that in Job section, that job is still in “connect to server” status, now I have cancelled the job and checked again still that button is in disabled mode??!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Prabhu,

Cancelling the job will send an instruction to stop execution at the next available window. The ‘Connect to server’ is probably stuck so it’s not picking up on the cancellation.

Please check the logs of Indicium configured for this environment for any problems.

Rebooting this Indicium should allow for these jobs to be aborted - which forcefully stops them.

Badge

Hi Prabhu,

Cancelling the job will send an instruction to stop execution at the next available window. The ‘Connect to server’ is probably stuck so it’s not picking up on the cancellation.

Please check the logs of Indicium configured for this environment for any problems.

Rebooting this Indicium should allow for these jobs to be aborted - which forcefully stops them.

Hi, Can you tell me how can we reboot the indicium?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Rebooting Indicium is done as an administrative task and cannot be done from within the Thinkwise Platform. You’ll have to check with your system administrator as this depends on your deployment scenario.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Prabhu, hopefully Anne's reactions points you in the right direction. Since you also created a ticket regarding this topic, I will mark Anne's first answer as Best answer, which will close this topic.