Solved

Refreshing a table after closing a pop-up

• 19 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi!

I’ve checked the community regarding refreshing tables in process flows. But I could not find a solution which complies with the wishes of our users.

Our users mostly work in the windows GUI. One of the processes includes a view with a task. A pop-up containing another view appears after the user clicks on the table task. When the user is done with the pop-up, it is closed automatically. 

The previously mentioned view is still present after the pop-up is automatically closed. But I want to refresh that view. I have tried the following:

1. Open document (try to use an existing tab = yes).
  2. Change filter (to open the record)
  3. Activate detail
  4. Refresh table

This does work. But is not practical because it clears the filters applied by the user. It also takes some time because it tries to re-open the view. Auto refresh is also not very practical in our case because the view can vary from a couple of records to thousands. 

Can you help me finding a solution which might be faster and does not clear the filters applied by the user?

icon

Best answer by Jeroen van den Belt 6 December 2023, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Your best bet would probably be to try using change detection with auto refresh. Add a new column for the refresh action. Then the trigger could be something like where the new column equals 1.   

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In addition to what Erwin said, here is the corresponding documentation regarding change detection: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/business_logic#change-detection

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Change detection works like a charm. 

But I’ve encountered another issue: 

The selected row ‘moves’ to the bottom of the screen after refreshing. The scroll bar moves in such way that the selected row is always the second to last row previewed on the screen.

I’ve changed the default sort order of the view, thinking it would solve the issue. But it didn’t unfortunately. Do you know if this can be fixed? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

After changing the default sort order in the model, you might have to trigger the GUI to pick up this change. If you restart the GUI, go to the screen, press Ctrl + S (sort), and then click ‘Default’. Does this help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Ezgi Esen, did my reaction help you out, or do you still need assistance?