Solved

Public user subscription / registration

• 26 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

We have a web page (Power Page) where we a new visitor can register and become a new user.

What we have in mind is to submit the user data to IAM using PowerAutomate and the Indicium API. However there is not much information (or incomplete) available in the documentation nor the community.

How can we create a user in IAM using an Indicium API call (if possible)?

icon

Best answer by Freddy 5 January 2024, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alfons,

It is quite depending on which type of authentication you want to use. Which one would you like to use?

Badge

We are using OAuth 2, but any will do if it works better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thats good, but will the users be External users; as in athentication type External? Which means the authentication for that particular user is done elsewhere. We do need the info on how the selfregistered users will be authenticated.

Badge

The authentication is done through registration on a power pages page. From there I'd like to either connect to the Thinkwise environment or create a New user using a remote call - if this is possible.

In this matter I am learning on the Go, I have no real experience with OAuth2 and depend on clear information.

Do yo have a suggestion how we can connect a selfregistration page to the Thinkwise environment?

In the current setup, I have a self registration page in PowerPages, which works fine.

The Power Automate flow should connect to the TW IAM using an API. But I do not know how to continue from here.

Can I create a user in IAM remotely  and if not ho do I connect IAM to the authenticated user?

Any help or advise is very welcome, though possibly this may be a first case for TW as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Little while back I did manage to get a Custom connector working via OAuth. The steps here helped with that: Client applications | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)

PKCE was not supported in Power Apps so that had to be disabled in IAM. I'm currently running a bit low on capacity due to the upcoming 2024.1 release. I'll see if I can find another colleague to help out with this; or other Community members are of course welcome to answer here too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The authentication is done through registration on a power pages page. From there I'd like to either connect to the Thinkwise environment or create a New user using a remote call - if this is possible.

In this matter I am learning on the Go, I have no real experience with OAuth2 and depend on clear information.

Do yo have a suggestion how we can connect a selfregistration page to the Thinkwise environment?

In the current setup, I have a self registration page in PowerPages, which works fine.

The Power Automate flow should connect to the TW IAM using an API. But I do not know how to continue from here.

Can I create a user in IAM remotely  and if not ho do I connect IAM to the authenticated user?

Any help or advise is very welcome, though possibly this may be a first case for TW as well.

I fiddled a bit with something similar for a proof of concept. 

I understand you want to create a user in Thinkwise based on the form. 

The easiest way I got it working is to:

• Use the standard API calls of the IAM.
  • Create a template user with all the default settings and authorizations.
  • Then invoke via the API the copy user task; template user > user from the form.
  • Subsequently you can invoke the set password task. 
  • Depending on your situation you might need to set the new user active. 

Basically that's it, the user should then ben able to login. This will work perfectly with IAM users.. all other types depend of course on the selected authentication method. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AlfonsM, did you manage to solve the problem?