Solved

Process action Write file , the storage location is not available in drop down

• 6 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I am following the solution for generating report : 

In this as indicated the HTTP connector is replaced by the generate report connector.

We need to store the report in database, hence using the  Write File process action. However, the dropdown for storage location is empty even after creating a new one (by clicking the magnifier). Can you please guide?

The drop down for the storage location is empty even after creating new location for the same.
our current design without the Write File process action.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 8 September 2022, 14:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Rucha,

The Write file to write files to a storage location such as Disk, Azure of AWS. The Write file is unnecessary for storing the Report data in your database. You can simple create a process procedure for the Generate report process action and save the Report data that was outputted by the process action. The Write file is not needed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I will try this solution and get back in case of query.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Mark,

We tried to collect the output from generate report in process variable Content with below details :

domain for process variable content

The details for the input and out of the Generate Report Process: 

The process Generate Report is not getting executed :

below is the complete process :

can you please guide where are we going wrong?

What needs to be the correct report parameter? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Rucha,

The Generate report process action is a System flow action and cannot be run inside process flows for the Windows GUI; https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows_connectors#generate-report. You'll have to create a System flow that Generates reports and send them via the SMTP connector. 

The usage of variables is good but the Generate report cannot be used with the Windows GUI.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Mark,
We are using Linux server for this functionality , my colleague (thanks @Usha :)) found below information from community :

so I guess this may be the reason the Report generate was not working for us even after using correct parameters.