Solved

Process action 'Write File' returns status code -4

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all,

I’m using a process flow that writes certain files to an S3 bucket. This has worked fine for a couple of months however it recently stopped working. After i did some debugging I see that the Write File process action now is returning a status code of ‘-4’ however I cannot find any documentation on what this status code means. 

So my question is, what does this status code entail?

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 25 August 2022, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The documentation can be found here, with all error codes listed:
https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows_connectors#write-file

>-4 - Unsuccessful (the specified path is invalid)

In this case something was wrong with the path to the S3 bucket. Are you using relative paths?

Edit:

Also, it looks like the target file name requires an extension. If it doesn't have one, an error is written to the Indicium log. Can you check this log as well?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for the quick response! 

No I don’t think so, we’ve used this process flow successfully before the latest indicium upgrade was out. We defined a AWS S3 storage location with a “regular” bucket name. In the ‘write file action’ we use the following parameters: 

File Location Variable file_path__{storage_location_name}
File Data Variable json_content

the {storage_location_name} is equal to the name of the storage location containing the AWS S3 bucket.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The indicium log returned the following error:

Process action 'write_to_aws' in processflow 'process_flow_name’ was provided with an invalid value 'file_name.json' for its 'File location' parameter. The target file path must be absolute. (fc445727)

In the meanwhile i’ve tested the same action with the previous INDICIUM version and there it’s still working fine, therefore i’ll raise a TCP.