Solved

'proc_application_startup' generated an error while deriving the parameters

• 17 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20
What causes this error message during startup?

Stored procedure 'proc_application_startup' generated an error while deriving the parameters.

Information:
Parameter 0 - project_id (project_id):
An SqlParameter with ParameterName '@project_id' is not contained by this SqlParameterCollection.
Parameter 1 - message (message):
An SqlParameter with ParameterName '@message' is not contained by this SqlParameterCollection.
icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 18 June 2019, 09:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
You have configured a startup procedure with the name 'proc_application_startup' for your application by means of the 'startupprocedure' setting. This procedure will be called by the GUI when the application is started. Startup procedures have two mandatory parameters called 'project_id' and 'message'. The error message that you see will occur when the configured procedure on the database does not have these parameters.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Thank you!

I found it. I did a test on this a few months ago. In the 2018.3 release of SF. This didn't work.

Now I understand more ore less how it should work. This is an interesting feature, which can be useful.

It will help to give additional information on this in the documentation of extended properties (here).
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
I have added an issue in the documention for this
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
That would be useful, yes. Thank you for reporting an issue for it.