Skip to main content

We are currently using the ‘download file’ process action for users to be able to download documents from the system (with the Universal GUI). When the file has a .PDF or .PNG extension, the file is not downloaded but instead it is opened in the browser. Is there a way to force all file types to be downloaded?  

Zipping the files is not preferred.

@PeterKeeris I believe we tackled that issue with Release 2024.2.12.3 for Universal + 2024.2.12.2 for Indicium. See 

Could you upgrade to that (or preferably a later) version and let us know if it fixes the issue for you too?

EDIT: the Extra Release specifically talks about the Report action. If it doesn’t work for your Download file action after upgrading, please raise a ticket in TCP.

Thanks for your answer @Arie V. However, for the download file process action there doesn't seem to be a input parameter to configure it like for reports. I will raise a TCP ticket.

@PeterKeeris I’d say Download file should result in an actual download in all cases, so I assume a parameter is not required then. Instead, we should make sure the right behavior is applied.

@PeterKeeris I’d say Download file should result in an actual download in all cases, so I assume a parameter is not required then. Instead, we should make sure the right behavior is applied.

Update: @PeterKeeris raised TCP 10209S for this issue. I discussed this internally, and in order not to change existing behavior, we aim to resolve this by adding an additional Input parameter.