Solved

Overrule taskbar position in combination with Action bar component

• 27 December 2023
  • 9 replies

The Action bar control in the screen type can be used to control its position instead of having it always full width of the screen (component) and being on top. This is a great feature!

The Task bar component seems to overrule the accessibility of the task in the action bar by default, but when the screen type also has the component “Action bar” it just duplicates. Will this be changed eventually to also overrule its location when the “Action bar” component is used?

I have read that Filter bar and similar components will get the same rules as the Task bar currently does, so I would expect the same for those as well, when it has been implemented.

Alternativerly:

As of version 2023.3.13 of the Universal GUI there has been added a functionality to give a JSON to position the components order, so a “Hide” option would also work as I see it. So it would add

“hide”: [

“Tasks”,

“Prefilters”

]

Making it so the separate components will show them where they are positioned.

icon

Best answer by Tim de Lang 19 February 2024, 13:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Mark,

We've made the change in Universal that the tasks will never be removed from the main action bar if it absorbs a task bar. This would be the same for prefilters etc when they are implemented.

I suspect that this is the case for you. The action bar absorbs a task bar when it the task bar located directly under the action bar. In the case where no action bar has been modeled, we generate it for you. If in that case there is a task bar at the top of the screen (maybe with some other bars for the windows GUI), that task bar gets absorbed as well. This last case might be what is happening for you.

If no taskbar is absorbed by the action bar, it should remove its tasks if there is another task component (task bar, task tiles) modeled.

Could you check if this is indeed what is happening? If it is not the case, can you send me a screenshot of your screen type?

Kind regards,

Tim de Lang

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Tim de Lang I believe there is a bug in the remove logic. The Tasks are not removed from the Action bar where we expect this to happen. See TCP 8261. A (hot)fix for Universal GUI 2023.3.13 would be appreciated!

@Tim de Lang Perhaps Arie already gave a example of the situation at hand, but here is the requested screenshots of my situation.

1) Without action bar

Screentype with taskbar and no action bar
Resulting in only tasks below as expected

2) With action bar

Screentype with task bar and action bar

Resulting in tasks below and also in the action bar.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Mark_Plaggenborg @Tim de Lang Yes, simillar screen type setup in our case and same issue occurring. This also happens when using Task tiles instead of Task bar.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Arie V @Mark_Plaggenborg Thank you both for the extra information.

We will look into this issue. We'll provide updates via the ticket, I'll link this post in our user story as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Arie V @Mark_Plaggenborg I have created a fix that is currently being reviewed. I expect this fix to be released in the 2024.1.12

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This has been finished and will be in the 2024.1.12 release that is expected on March 18th, 2024.

Badge +2

This has been finished and will be in the 2024.1.12 release that is expected on March 18th, 2024.

@Tim de Lang Is it possible to deliver it in a hotfix? We have several demo’s coming up.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Dave Bieleveld Starcode Hotfixes are time consuming and we generally only do this if software is unusable. That is not the case here. A ‘hotfix' release has to go through the same QA as a normal release.