Solved

Open next tab with the process flow

• 20 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

In our application, i wanted to open employee’s personal details tab by process flow after successfully saving the record in employee details tab. This is how my process flow looks. In process flow monitor, it did not pick the personal detail tab. How should i make it work?

Process Flow

Output for Add row employee_detail

​​​​Input for Add row personal_detail

icon

Best answer by Renée Evertzen 21 October 2022, 11:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello Usha,

Your process flow doesn't work because the GUI does not know what you're trying to navigate to, since the only two process actions in your process flow are the Add rows.

Try adding an additional process action between Add row employee_detail and Add row personal_detail called Activate detail. This requires you to specify which detail tab you want to navigate to and which reference you're using to get there, which in this case would be your reference between employee_detail and personal_detail.

Hope this helps! 😄

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Renee,

Tried adding Activate detail action, with reference. Still it is not working as expected.

I have attached the table design, let me know employee_detail_id should be a primary key too in personal_detail table in order to make it work.

Process flow
personal_detail table reference
Table design

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Usha,

Database wise I would advise to include the employee_detail_id column in the PK of personal_detail in general. Unless a personal_detail can also exist outside the context of the employee_detail record, then that is not an option.

I do believe your process flow looks okay though. The input/output parameters you have provided should not be necessary, when you add a new row the GUI should automatically ‘jump’ to the newly added record and then activate the detail in the context of that record. So you might want to try removing these input/output parameters from the process actions and see if that helps.

@Usha : Just to be sure, did you refresh your model/rebooted your application after editing the process flow and then tried again? Because this is required after you modify a process flow, since the GUI needs to reload the model's objects 😄

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Renee,

Thanks for your clarification, after changing the PK, the process flow works without input/output parameters.

Note: I was refreshing my model earlier, for you question🙂